What is Startup Huddle Dominica?
Startup Huddle Dominica is the local chapter of a global program for entrepreneurs known as Startup Huddle developed by The Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN).
It is an event where entrepreneurs present their startups, projects or ideas that are three years and younger.
What happens at the event?
At every event, 2 entrepreneurs present their businesses, ideas or social ventures for 6 minutes. Following each presentation, there will be a 20 minute question and answer session where the presenter will answer questions about their venture posed to them by an expert panelist and program attendees.
Presenters are encouraged to share any difficulties they may be experiencing with their venture and attendees provide solutions and advice that can assist the entrepreneur to overcome the problems.
Who can present at Startup Huddle Dominica?
Anyone from ages 13 and older who has a business venture, idea or project that is less than 3 years old can present. Presenters must register in advance to present at any session. Register here
*** Presenters less than 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Who can attend Startup Huddle Dominica?
Everyone can attend a Startup Huddle Dominica event!
Entrepreneurs – come to pitch your startup, reveal challenges and crowd-source solutions. From local founders, innovators, educators, and investors, to a global network of Entrepreneurial leaders, Startup Huddle provides a unique platform to strengthen your startup.
YLAI Fellows – As a post-YLAI program/event initiative, Startup Huddle Dominica provides a platform where you can engage the community building skills acquired through your YLAI experience. Come tell us about your YLAI journey and share the skills you've learnt!
Corporate entity representative – come to find out what’s the next big or best thing and get to be the first ones to connect with the source, especially if it’s something that would benefit your own business.
Investors – Are you looking to invest in a local enterprise? Come to listen to the presenters, or watch via our webinar and live streams to identify potential startups that would be interesting to work with.
Customers – Yes! potential customers will be here too. They come to see what’s new in the market, ask questions about how products or ventures work. This is the customers’ ideal opportunity to learn more about your product and it's benefit to them. Build your clientele when you present your business
However, only persons with ventures three years or less can present.
Are presenters expected to give a sales pitch?
It is not a sales pitch nor is it an investor pitch. Presenters are simply explaining their business, idea or social venture to attendees.
What is the goal of this program?
The goal is for persons to understand what you (the presenting entrepreneur) do and the challenges you have had or are currently experiencing in building your business.
Attendees can then offer solutions to assist you to move forward.
How does Startup Huddle Dominica benefit me?
- It is a safe space to refine your business presentation and elevator pitch
- Entrepreneurs share their ideas and receive constructive feedback and advice they may not have received otherwise
- Networking – participants can connect with other entrepreneurs in Dominica, the Caribbean and other parts of the world who are part of Startup Huddle Chapters
- Entrepreneurs who are looking to enter markets overseas can present their businesses at Startup Huddles if they exist in the location of interest. It is an excellent place to get advice on how to do business in that new location
- Want to strengthen your presentation skills? After presenting at Startup Huddle Dominica, apply to present at a Startup Huddle event hosted in another city – Perth, Fremantle, Niagara, Russia, Johannesburg, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and more
- You can present more than once at Startup Huddle Dominica - ensure you are on the right path with each significant change
- Build your CV- A certificate of participation from Startup Huddle Dominica, a program/event developed by the Global Entrepreneurship Network, and supported by the YLAI Network, the U.S. Embassy Barbados and local key partners adds a really great boost to participants’ professional resumes/CVs.
- It is a free event
Plus… You never know who is at a Startup Huddle event… it could be where you meet your next big business partner or investor
When do the events take place?
Startup Huddle Dominica was launched November 21, 2020, during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
The event will be held monthly, every second Saturday, from 7:00 p.m. Sessions will be 1 hour and 15 minutes – 2 hours long.
How much does it cost?
Startup Huddle Dominica is absolutely free! There is no cost to participate or to attend the event
What is the catch?
There is no catch. Startup Huddle Dominica is another way Royal Globe Inc. can fulfill its mission “to improve lives by equipping people with skills to enable self-employment and self-sufficiency.”
We are grateful to the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) and the US Embassy to Barbados and The OECS for entrusting us with the Dominica Chapter of the event.
**** Startup Huddle Dominica will be launched Saturday, November 21, 2020 from 7:00p.m. It will be a virtual event
To attend the Startup Huddle Dominica Launch register here (This event has passed)
To present at a Startup Huddle Dominica event, register here
To contact us with any questions you may have, click here
To continue browsing the Royal Globe Inc. website click here