FAQs About Programs
WHAT PROGRAMS ARE OFFERED?
- Sewing Programs
- Home Décor Plus
- Beginners Garment Making
- Intermediate Garment Making
- Children's Sewing Club (8 - 13yrs)
- Special Programs:
- Beautiful Wob Dwiyet (fabrication)
- Antimacassar & Belt making
- Batik & Tie dye
- Bead work
- Doll Decorating
- Soap making
- Teddy Bear making
- Startup Huddle Dominica
- The Entrepreneur's Forum
HOW OFTEN DO THE PROGRAMS RUN?
- All our sewing programs run year round. We have an average of 4 programs per course per year. The Children's Sewing Club runs for a year.
- Special Programs are held according to the number of persons interested
- Startup Huddle Dominica is a monthly event held every second Saturday from 7:00 p.m.. Register here to participate or to attend.
- The Entrepreneurs' Forum is a bi-monthly event. It is held the 2nd Tuesday of every 2nd month.
Contact us here for exact dates of each program in a giving year. Please note occurrences beyond our control may alter the intended dates of our programs.
WHAT IS THE TIME FRAME FOR THE PROGRAMS?
- All the sewing programs except the Children's Sewing Club run for a 3-month period. The Children's Sewing Club is a continuous program with a teaching cycle of one year.
- On occasion, we offer a children's summer club for that runs during the summer holiday for 1-2 months.
- For all other programs the Time Period is determined accordingly
HOW LONG AND HOW MANY TIMES A WEEK ARE THE CLASSES?
All our classes are once a week and go on for 2 hrs. Certain Topics may require longer sessions, but this is determined by particular student groups.
Class time is normally after 4p.m. Time changes according to the program and to accommodate the majority of students.
While we usually do not have classes before 4p.m., we will accommodate a group of persons for an early class once we have a full class.
WHAT DAYS ARE THE CLASSES?
Class day changes per program. However, once a day is selected that class remains on that day till the program ends. E.g A Beginners Garments class might be Thursdays at the start of the year. Once the Thursday class ends the next Beginner's Garment's program could be Mondays.
CAN I TAKE TWO PROGRAMS SIMULTANEOUSLY?
Yes! You certainly can. Most of our programs are on different days. This allows our students to take two classes at the same time. Some students find this very rewarding as they are able to apply lessons learnt across programs.
ARE THERE CLASSES BEFORE 4P.M.?
While we do not have a regular class before 4p.m. we will accommodate persons interested in an earlier class once we have more than 7 students. (special fees may apply)
Click here to register for a sewing program.
FAQs about Orders
FAQs about Products
FAQs about Shipping